Software Developer Intern
About the Company
NexTekk is a startup technology company that seeks to ride on the forefront of technology by tackling today’s problems head-on using tomorrow’s technology.
We solve problems using myriad of technological tools we have acquired over the years.
The company comprises of leading technical and functional personnels with advanced degrees, from reputable colleges around the globe, in fields ranging from fundamental engineering disciplines to business management.
As a developer in NexTekk:
- You will have the opportunity of working with other world-class developers and engineers to tackle challenging problems.
- You will be working on projects from around the world.
- You will work independently as well as in a team to develop innovative, pragmatic and simple solutions with elegant and documentable implementations.
- You will always be challenged to keep abreast of current trend in technologies and methods.
- You will have the opportunity to grow in your area of interest within the company’s focus
- You will discover new ways in which fun is an integral part of how we work
What we are looking for in a developer
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language, e.g. C#, Java, Python, etc.
- Basic understanding of relational database management systems, e.g. MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with at least one major IDE. E.g. Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new and challenging concepts.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Good to Have
- Familiarity with MVC architectural design pattern for web application development.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Ability to work with source control systems.
- Object oriented design patterns.
Path to Employment
- Phone screening
- Coding screening
- One software project
- HR interview
Please email PDF copies of resumes and all supporting documents to
Information contained on resume should include but is not limited to:
- Contact information
- Academic degree(s) information
- NYSC information
- Previous or present software projects
- Programming languages that you are proficient in.
- Certifications if available
Other Relevant Information
No age restriction.
In your application email, let us know how you heard about us.